I personally believe that business can be good for doing more than just filling the pockets of shareholders. With that being said, I am not naive to the fact that this is often why business businesses are created and used, but frankly I do not have a tremendous issue with this. No one is being forced to buy the product that you are selling so I see no issue with lining your pockets thanks to the creations of a good product or service. I do however think that all businesses should put more consideration into the well-being of all of their stakeholders when operating. This means that when people are operating their business they should not only be looking out for their bottom line but also for their employees, customers, their community, the environment, and many many other things. The largely divisive part of this conversation is how we should ensure that businesses are not ignoring the needs of all of their stakeholders. Unfortunately, I am unsure of how to do this, but for me, I will operate my business in this way simply because I believe that it is the right thing to do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cummins lean business canvas