free writing three

 Ah yes, the millennial aesthetic. The only style of design that I am aware of where every single item needs to call attention to itself. Perhaps you have encountered a room or store with this aesthetic? if you have, I'm sure that you will recall seeing neon signs with odd fonts, brightly coloured furniture, and possibly a strong smell that you can't quite put your finger on. Personally, I find this aesthetic to be obnoxious, the fact that every single thing in the room competes for attention makes me feel like I am back in Vegas, and not in a good way. Although this design typically disgusts me I do understand why people enjoy the usefulness of it. In this millennial aesthetic, every item is striving to fill its role in the most practical, and simple way possible, and I believe that does have some inherent value that makes it justifiable, but please no more neon pink signs with cheesy phrases on them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cummins lean business canvas